Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Single-mindedness

So here I am, still halfway through my trip in Melaka and I'm totally amazed that there is actually WiFi here!

It's only day 3 but yet, this place is starting to feel like home.

The friendships I've made, not only with the people I'm working with, but also with the children that I've encountered through the many assembly programs and WOW hour lessons.

I will miss them, I will really miss them. I know I've said it once two years ago during my first trip, but even more so this time. This time, I no longer am satisfied, to be doing half the work, only engaging the children at the first level. I can no longer just teach and be contented, that they've learnt a few more grammar words, or how to express themselves more freely.

I want to be a part of their lives - watching them grow day by day, guiding them through life's ups and downs. But more than that, I want to help them see, that there is so much more to be lived in this life, for we were created for something way beyond ourselves.

 So much more, that it took the Son of God to lay down His very own life on the cross, that for those who truly believe may be able to relate to God.

I want to this, with my life, my entire life.

My soul
My life
My all
Laid down for the sake of truth
For many have not come to see
That God reigns high and lifted up

My heart
My will
My hands
I put them to work for the life I live
For given to me it was from God
To make Him known for eternity.

One life is all I have
One man is all I am
But a fool is he
Who fails to see
God and His Kingdom's reach

No comments:

Post a Comment