Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Matthew 6:25-34

I was thinking of what to say, how to encourage a fellow mate in Christ but yet... I felt so paralyzed, I didn't know what to say, I didn't know how to say it but one thing was for sure,
I didn't want to say something that I couldn't believe in.
But as I prayed, God reveled to me this passage and I realised, that all I could do was to let you read it for yourself and pray that God will minister to you through His word! To trust that God's words are sufficient enough for us to live our lives faithfully....

Haha, I was quite pleased when I realised that my BS contact actually read my blog! Now I feel a stronger need to share the many lessons I've learnt with him/them here as well! I pray that God will continue to help me to be a friend.. no a brother to them, walking alongside with them, not any higher, not any lower, but just as they are - A man of God, redeemed through the blood of Christ.

Even as I continued to read on the MRT, my mind wandered off so easily, but Your word sustained me.
Recently, I had been feeling rather discouraged that I really did not know many things about You. But this passage really encouraged me -

John 3:25-36

    Now a discussion arose between some of John's disciples and a Jew over purification. And they came to John and said to him,"Rabbi, he who was with you across the Jordan, to whom you bore witness -look, he is baptizing, and all are going to him." (At this point of time I was thinking [Jokingly of course {So cool, a thought within a thought |Inception?!|}]jealous much?!) John answered (Dum dum dum!~), "A person cannot receive even one thing unless it is given him from heaven. You yourselves bear me witness, that I said, 'I am not the Christ, but I have been sent before him.' The one who has the bride is the bridegroom, The friend of the bridegroom, who stands and hears him, rejoices greatly at the bridegroom's voice. Therefore this joy of mine is now complete. He must increase, but I must decrease." He who comes from above is above all. He who is of the earth belongs to the earth and speaks in an earthly way. He who comes from heaven is above all. He bears witness to what he has seen and heard, yet no one receives his testimony. Whoever receives his testimony sets his seal to this, that God is true. For he whom God has sent utters the words of God, for he gives the spirit without measure. The Father loves the Son and has given all things into his hand. Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him.


Well, that pretty much sums up my pointless, well actually not pointless, but emo-encouraging questions!
But the key here is not to just say hey I won't understand everything, so it's time to DIE! Rather, trust in all that God continues to reveal so graciously through people and through His word, relying on His wisdom to truly live.

One thing I would like to encourage everyone to do, is to continue to share the gospel. For if we truly have been convicted of what we have heard which is of God, let us trust that His word will speak to His people, but we, might so just be the channel through which God uses to bring His word to them! :)

Servants of the Gospel



No comments:

Post a Comment